This is a really quick and easy berry crumble recipe to make. It only takes 30 minutes from start to finish and its easy to make while you are preparing dinner. Its also gluten and sugar free and still tastes good! Thermomix instructions included.
If you miss recipes with gluten this is a good replacement, it will leave you feeling satisfied without the really full heavy feeling of eating gluten. It has buckwheat flour in the crumble that gives it a biscuity taste.
You can either make 4 individual ramekins or put it into a small casserole dish. I like the ramekins as you can make the exact amount you want and its just the right size.
I don’t usually eat fruit straight after food but make an exception to some recipes like this berry crumble and my Chocolate Pudding with Whipped vanilla salted coconut cream but I usually have the choc pudding for breakfast yes breakfast its healthy enough for brekky, so Im eating it on an empty stomach anyway.
Berries are very low in fructose and they are packed full of antioxidants and they taste good. They are very versatile I like having berries in my smoothies this is one of my smoothie recipes, healthy berry smoothie.
This would be a really easy dessert to make if you are having visitors as well, they don’t need to know its gluten and sugar free tell them afterwards. If people aren’t use to eating healthily they get put off easily when you tell them that something is sugar free they don’t think it will have any taste.
I hope you try this berry crumble recipe and if you do it would be great to hear any feed back in the comments below. Almost forgot you can also serve this with whipped coconut cream,
My berry crumble recipe is below. Thanks for reading 🙂
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- ½ cup tapiocoa flour
- 1 TBS stevia
- 120gm grass fed butter cubed
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 4 cups of mixed frozen berries (or enough to fill size of ramekins you have)
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- 4 TBS water
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Put berries in each ramekin with 1 TBS of water and divide the lemon zest between all of the dishes.
- In a bowl put cubed butter with flours, stevia, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- To make crumble either use finger tips to crumble the butter or put in a food processor mix until you have a bread crumb like consistency.
- Top the berries with crumble mixture and cook @180c for 20 mins or until crumble has browned.
- Thermomix Instructions
- Put crumble ingredients into thermomix and press the turbo button a few times until mixture looks like bread crumbs.