Chocolate Protien Smoothie is just like a chocolate milkshake, its thick and creamy and will keep you full until lunch time. There was no actual block of chocolate in the making of this smoothie! Thermomix Instructions Included.
You can have this two ways.
- as a cold smoothie
- as a hot chocolate
They are both good especially when the mornings are still a bit cool.
This smoothie is made with coconut milk which is a good fat, benefits of it are:
- its lactose free
- plant based
- it has medium chain fatty acids (wont make you put on weight)
- satiates hunger (keeps you fuller longer)
It contains greens and mixed with a fat is the best way to absorb the nutrients from green veggies plus there is no taste of them, not that that is a bad thing.
It contains raw cacao powder which is the best one of the best super foods to consume most people who have lived long lives have usually consumed cacao on a regular basis. Cocoa is made from cacao but doesn’t have the health benefits like cacao does as it has been processed and heated at high temperatures killing any beneficial nutrients.
I hope you enjoy this.
Please find recipe for a Chocolate Protien Smoothie below.
Thanks for reading. 🙂
- 1 can full fat organic coconut milk 400ml (can BPA free)
- 350ml filtered water
- Hand full of greens of choice (spinach, kale without stem, rocket)
- 1 TBS organic cacao powder
- 2 TBS protein powder either vanilla or chocolate flavoured (I use a pea protein isolate brand)
- 2 TBS maca powder (optional)
- Blend all ingredients in a high powered blender until greens are completely blended
- Thermomix Instructions
- Blend all ingredients for 2 minutes on speed 9.