Chocolate Pudding with Whipped Vanilla Salted Coconut cream for breakfast and you can lose weight eating this to, its true! Chocolate with layers of coconut cream is the best combination and its really filling, will keep you going until lunch time.
This is super easy to make you can make it in less than 10 minutes. Some people would call this a mousse or a smoothie (too thick for a smoothie for me though). It has avocado, banana, cacao and aloe vera juice, yes that’s right aloe vera juice, it is totally optional but you would need to replace it with some coconut water or coconut or almond milk.
Why aloe vera juice well it has really good anti – inflammatory properties, so if you have any type of inflammation issues its very soothing, plus if you have a plant you can rub the gel from it directly onto burns and you can have it in smoothies. I have a plant but its not big enough to use like that so I get mine from a health food shop, you just need to make sure that it doesn’t have any other ingredients added to it.
I only put one banana in this for two people as bananas are high in fructose. The avocado makes it creamy and smooth and its full of health benefits such as good fats which help lower bad cholesterol, they are also full of fiber and will keep you fuller for longer, they are great in smoothies to.
I only managed to eat half of one of these as you can see in the picture above, the perks of posting recipes is you get to eat them as well! I kept the other half for dessert that night, I usually only eat fruit on an empty stomach but Im sure I will survive.
Why eat fruit on an empty stomach? Fruit digests in the small intestines so if you have ever eaten something like a watermelon or some high water content fruit after a meal you will be burping watermelon afterwards. Its sits on top of the food you have eaten and ferments (sounds grose) and you dont absorb the nutrients from it. My naturopath told me this years ago.
This is my new favourite breakfast and dessert and snack, good to take to work as well. You don’t have to have the coconut cream with it but it gives it another depth and texture and topped with cacao nibs gives it a crunch and an extra chocolate hit. If you try it let me know.
Thanks for reading recipe for Chocolate Pudding with Whipped Vanilla Salted Coconut Cream is below.
- 1 banana
- 2 medium sized ripe avocados
- 1 TBS cacao powder
- 4 TBS aloe vera juice (optional can replace with milk of choice ie: coconut, almond or coconut water)
- 1 scoop protien powder (vanilla or chocolate flavour)
- 1 can full fat coconut cream (reserve the liquid for another recipe or freeze in ice cube trays)
- pinch of sea salt
- ½ tsp vanilla powder
- cacao nibs to garnish (optional)
- 1 TBS stevia icing sugar (I use Natvia)
- Chocolate Pudding
- Put banana, avocados, cacao, aloe or milk and protien powder together in a blender and blend until light and fluffy.
- Coconut cream
- Scoop solid cream out of tin and put in blender with salt and vanilla powder mix until whipped. (coconut cream will go hard when its in the fridge, see notes for using in summer).
- Layer chocolate pudding and coconut cream top with cacao nibs.
- Thermomix Instructions
- Chocolate Pudding
- Put banana, avocados, cacao, aloe or milk and protien powder together in Thermomix and put on speed 5 for 1 minute.
- Coconut Cream
- Scoop hard cream out of can and put in thermomix
- Add rest of ingredients and mix on speed 4 for 2 minutes stopping and scraping down sides a couple of times .
- Store in the fridge for a few days.