Chunky Vegetable Chicken Spaghetti Bolognaise is really easy and cheap to make around $3 a serve and you can use whatever veggies you have in the fridge. Serve on spelt, gluten free pasta or zoodles! Make on the stove or in your thermomix.
Spaghetti Bog as we and lots of other people call it has been a regular in our household since forever, I’ve been making it for around 25 years with lots of different variations, some from scratch, some from a jar and now I make it in my thermomix most of the times.
The best thing about this dish is that you can use whatever veggies you have in the fridge, double the recipe so you have a ready made meal for the freezer, you can change the meat to:
or make it vegetarian and add lentils if you like.
This is a much healthier version instead of using a jar and you can have it on the table within half an hour, quicker if you use a thermomix!
Here is the original thermomix recipe for Quick and Easy Pasta Sauce
Thanks for reading please find recipe below for Chunky Vegetable Chicken Spaghetti Bolognaise.
- 500gm chicken mince
- 1 large onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 carrots diced
- 2 celery sticks diced
- 1 green capsicum diced
- 1 large kale leaf finely chopped or use spinach or silverbeet
- Olive oil
- 2 tins organic tomatoes
- 2 TBS organic tomato paste
- Dash of Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tsp Italian herbs
- Good quality salt
- Ground black pepper
- Have all of your veggies prepared before starting
- Put some oil (can use a bit of water instead) into saucepan and cook chicken mince until it just starts to change colour to white (doesn’t matter if some is still pink) drain and put mince aside.
- Add more oil to saucepan and add onion and garlic and saute until transparent around 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add veggies except kale/spinach/silverbeet
- Sweat veggies for 5 minutes until they soften a little, add tomatoes, tomato paste, apple cider vinegar, herbs and salt and pepper
- Leave lid off and bring to the boil then turn down to a gentle simmer so you still see bubbles and cook for 20 minutes until sauce reduces add kale/spinach/silverbeet and chicken mince to sauce in the last 5 minutes of cooking. Taste and season accordingly, serve with spelt, gluten free pasta or zoodles and parmesan cheese.
- Thermomix Instructions
- See Quick and Easy Pasta Sauce
- After cooking onion and garlic add chunks of veggies and pulse until you get desired chunkiness
- Leave out last step of original recipe
I got 8 servings from this which works out to around $3 a serving.