Golden Turmeric Quinoa Nut Free Granola its a mouthful in more ways than one, its gluten and nut free and you can make it sweet or savoury!
The great thing about Granola’s is there are no hard and fast rules, use what you have on hand throw it all in a bowl with some spices, some sweetener (if using) and mix and put in the oven, that’s it.
Adding quinoa gives it a great protien boost.
I made this into a savoury granola although there is some subtle sweetness from the coconut, cinnamon vanilla and cloves. I didn’t use any sweetener in this either but feel free to add some of your choice, I usually use brown rice malt syrup.
I love turmeric because of its power house properties and it has been used for thousands of years, when bodies were entombed they use to cover the body in turmeric because of the beliefs of the power of the spice.
I actually have ten other recipes with turmeric but I wont list them all here I will give you a few links instead.
Thanks for reading, below is the recipe for Golden Turmeric Quinoa Nut Free Granola.
You can pin share print or save recipe, have a great weekend!
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup coconut flakes or dessicated
- 1 cup buckinis (can use buckwheat groats but activated are better)
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds (preferably activated)
- ½ cup sunflower seeds (preferably activated)
- ½ cup hemp seeds (replace with crushed almonds or whatever you prefer)
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 2 TBS flax seeds
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 1tsp ground nutmeg
- 1tsp ground turmeric
- Pinch of ground cloves
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 TBS Rice Malt Syrup (optional, I don’t use it)
- Preheat oven to 150c (302F) and line a tray with baking paper
- Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl until everything is coated in the oil
- Spread the mixture over the lined oven tray and cook for 15 mins, turn mixture over and cook for another 15 mins or until a light golden brown colour. Depending on your oven you may want to keep an eye on it as you don’t want it to burn.
- Let cool completely then put in a glass jar and keep in the fridge .
- Serve with milk of choice, plain organic yoghurt with blueberries or on its own.