A soothing gut healing smoothie you can make in the thermomix or any type of blender. Drink it warm on these cool Autumn mornings its much kinder on your belly!
I know it probably doesn’t look that appealing but trust me it tastes good, its a combination of sweet and savoury, sounds strange but it works.
Its best to drink this warm especially on cool mornings its much kinder on your digestive system and makes it more soothing.
The main gut healing ingredient is gelatin from pasture raised cows, you may have already read about the benefits of gelatin from my Peanut Butter Fudge post. The second gut soothing ingredient is chia seeds once they have been mixed with water they swell and have a gel like consistency that will coat the lining of the stomach. The last gut healing soothing ingredient is Turmeric, one of my favourites its anti-inflammatory for the body which makes it kind for your gut. If you would like to know more about how gut bacteria affects the brain and body here is an article from Lee Holmes from Supercharged Foods.
Thank you for reading, have a great weekend and here is the recipe for Gut Healing Smoothie – Thermomix 🙂
- 1 banana
- 350ml full fat coconut milk 1 cup
- 350ml warm boiled water 1 cup
- 1 tsp turmeric
- ½ TBS chia seeds
- 1 TBS gelatin
- Cut banana into pieces and place in blender
- Add coconut milk, water, turmeric and chia seeds then sprinkle gelatin on top, blend until combined and smooth
- Thermomix Instructions
- Cut banana into pieces and place in bowl
- Add coconut milk, water, turmeric and chia seeds then sprinkle gelatin on top, mix on speed 7 for 1 minute