Hasselback Oven Baked Potatoes, makes spuds look a bit fancier and its easy! Do them for any occasion.
This is a really basic recipe if you can call it that, but sometimes the simplest of things are the best. I’ve spoken to someone before that had never made a coleslaw, so I would like to show the basics in preparing fresh food from scratch as much as possible.
Hasselback potatoes originated from Sweden its their version of baked potatoes. This is a version of them, Im sure there are plenty out there, I cant even remember the first time I had them. I just do a simple combination of olive oil, butter, paprika and salt.
You could do any different number of combinations of herbs and spices you could also:
- Top with cheese and garlic
- Make it into a Parmigiana spud
- Top with bacon avocado and cheese
- Herbs and Chilli and Cheese
If you want some fancy spuds for Christmas give these a try you wont be dissapointed!
Thanks for reading. 🙂 Here is the recipe for Hasselback Oven Baked Potatoes.
- 6 Potatoes
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 TBS grass fed butter
- 1 TBS sweet paprika (go for organic herbs and spices)
- 1 TBS herbamere salt or pink himalayn salt
- Pre-heat oven to 230c /428fh
- Peel potatoes and cut a small slice off the bottom of spuds so they sit flat.
- Get a wooden spoon and put above potato resting the handle as close to spud as possible (look at second picture from top of post)
- Cut ½cm or ½ inch slices into potato ensuring the knife stops on handle of wooden spoon, so it doesn't go all the way through.
- Place on an oven tray or ovenproof dish and drizzle and rub the oil over potatoes.
- Sprinkle paprika and salt over potatoes then add a knob of butter to each one.
- Cook in the oven for 50 mins to 1 hour (depends on oven) until golden and crispy and cooked through.