Nutrient dense and packed full of flavour with the right balance of sweet and savoury. An easy side dish or eat them by themselves.
These Pumpkin Seed Parsley Lemon Pesto Hasselback Sweet Potatoes are so easy to make and once you make the Pumpkin Seed Parsley Lemon Pesto you can use the remaining pesto to add to:
How to use Pesto
mix through pasta or zoodles
add to casseroles
sourdough toast with avocado
or anything you can think of!
- Full of fiber
- High in Vitamin A, B5, C
- Help stabilize blood sugar levels
- Taste Good!
Pumpkin Seed Parsley Lemon Pesto
- Pumpkin Seeds are high in Zinc and Magnesium
- Parsley good for bad breath
- Olive oil good fat
- Garlic is great for the immune system and a natural antibiotic
- Lemon is alkalizing for the body (makes it less acidic)
- Coriander is good for detoxing
- Spinach is good for inflammation
- Organic Parmesan cheese combines all B vitamins
Here are my other Pesto recipes
To make the pesto in this recipe vegan replace cheese with nutritional yeast flakes.
Thanks for reading, here is the recipe for Pumpkin Seed Parsley Lemon Pesto Hasselback Sweet Potatoes
- 4 sweet potatoes
- grass fed organic butter (preferably)
- cold pressed olive oil
- extra parmesan cheese (optional)
- Pumpkin Seed Parsley Lemon Pesto
- Pre-heat oven to 200c (392F)
- Peel potatoes and if they are large cut in half, cut a small slice off the bottom of each one so it sits flat.
- Use a wooden spoon and place handle behind potato (this will stop you from cutting through potato) cut slices around 2cm thick
- Place sweet potatoes on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Rub some butter and drizzle oil over potatoes, cook for 30 minutes then turn over and cook for another 20 mins until cooked.
- Place a spoonful of pesto over each potato and add some extra grated parmesan cheese if desired.