Healthy White Sauce easy to make and doesn’t contain any flour yet it is thick and creamy and full of fiber. Use it in place of the traditional white sauce in any recipe. Thermomix Instructions included.
One of the main ingredients is cauliflower, I never use to like cauliflower but now I love it, I prefer this white sauce any day . I use it in my
- Healthy Lasagna Recipe
- Alfredo Recipe (to be posted soon)
- Potato AuGratin (to be posted soon)
I will think of some more ways to use it.
I never realized you could make so many things with cauliflower, my favourite at the moment is cauliflower pizza bases. You can make buns, bread sticks, pop corn all kind of things who knew.
Cauliflower is full of health benefits such as:
- Its anti-inflammatory
- High in vitamins and minerals
- High in antioxidants
- Full of fiber
If you want to make a vegan version replace the butter with coconut oil. I much prefer the butter though it gives it a nice taste.
The Healthy White Recipe is below. Thanks for reading 🙂
- 1 medium size cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 can organic full fat coconut cream
- 3 TBS grass fed butter
- 2 TBS water
- Juice from ½ lemon
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Pulse cauliflower into rice size grains and cook until tender around 20 minutes.
- Add rest of ingredients until butter has melted.
- Put in food processor or use a stick blender and blend until smooth.
- Thermomix Instructions
- Put cauliflower florets into thermomix and put on reverse and speed 5 for 4 to 5 seconds until cauliflower is rice size.
- Cook cauliflower @100c , reverse and speed soft (mixing spoon symbol) for 5 minutes.
- Add rest of ingredients and cook @90c on speed 4 for 4 minutes. (when you squeeze lemon leave MC in place and squeeze juice directly onto lid MC will catch any seeds.)
- Turn dial on thermomix from 1 to 9 slowly while holding lid with handle of spatula for 4 to 5 seconds.