3 Ingredient Homemade Strawberry Icecream . Very easy and ready in 2 minutes and makes a great snack for kids and big kids. No artificial anything!
Did you know that the most nutrient part of the strawberry is its leaves? I would only put the whole strawberry in if it was organic though. There are two ways you can freeze your strawberries either puree them in a blender or thermomix and put into an ice cube tray or just put them whole into a snap lock bag or container. Then in a few minutes you will have Homemade Strawberry Icecream!
You can actually make this into a Sorbet or icecream, I like both but the icecream is like soft serve, not that I like soft serve icecream. Did you also know that soft serve icecream from some of the big name takeaways places are made of? Emulsified pig fat, its true my husbands uncle is a farmer and he told us that years ago, they buy it from the farmers. 😐 Sorry if you are a vegetarian and didn’t know that, better off knowing though.
This recipe was given to me by a friend which came from the Thermomix Recipe Community. The original recipe has banana and choc chips in it, I’m yet to try banana icecream, I’ve heard lots about it. You could just about make any type of fruit flavoured icecream.
You could also serve this with my Whipped Coconut Cream or have it for Christmas easy to make beforehand and you can take it out of the freezer 10 to 15 mins begore serving to let it soften.
Thanks for reading and here is the recipe for Homemade Strawberry Icecream. 🙂
- 320gm frozen strawberries
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 TBS rice malt syrup or a few drops of liquid stevia (optional)
- Put all ingredients in a blender (you will need a good quality one )and mix until light and fluffy)
- Thermomix Instructions
- Put all ingredients in thermomix and mix on speed 8 for 20 seconds. Stop and scrape down sides of bowl.
- Repeat for another 20 seconds as above.
- Mix for 30 seconds on speed 7.
- It will change to a lighter pink colour, if it is still dark then it needs to be mixed more.
- Keep in the freezer.
Take icecream out of the freezer 10 minutes before eating to soften