Indian spiced cauliflower rice – thermomix takes 10 minutes to make its really easy and tastes good to.
I love indian food and if you live near Mandurah do yourself a favour and go and try Yogis. The food is amazing the service is great to and its been beautifully decorated. Its making me hungry thinking about it.
Cauliflower is such a versatile veggie you can make
- Cauliflower chilli pesto
- Healthy White Sauce
- Healthy Pizza Recipe
- Potato AuGratin
- Cauliflower Noodle Lasagna
I never knew you could make so many recipes with it, I got a bit obsessed with it for a while I tend to do that.
Instead of using a hundred different spices well not quite but there’s plenty to choose from I used turmeric and Garam Masala. If you havent heard of garam masala it is a mixture of several different spices used a lot in indian cusine.
- coriander seed
- cumin seed
- black peppercorn
- fennel seeds
- whole cloves
- bay leaves
Its much easier to buy one already pre mixed or you could make your own depends how much you would use it. I have said in a previous post that I only use organic herbs and spices here is an interesting article if you want to look into it more.
You can add as little or as much lime juice as you like but you definitely need to add it or you could use lemon if you don’t like lime it is quite a bit more tart than lemon.
Thanks for reading here is the recipe for Indian spiced cauliflower rice – thermomix (You dont need a thermomix to make this either).
- 1 small cauliflower or half of a large one cut into florets
- 1 large onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 20gm butter
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Bunch of fresh coriander
- 1 – 2 Limes (depending how much you like lime or you can use lemon)
- Pulse cauliflower in a food processor until rice sized or cut with a knife.
- Dice onion and chop garlic and place in a medium size saucepan with butter. Heat over medium heat for a few minutes until onion is transperant.
- Add cauliflower, garam masala, turmeric salt and pepper and cook over a low heat, (stirring so it doesn't stick )until cauliflower has softened but is still a bit crunchy.
- Cut coriander and mix through cauliflower and squeeze lime juice over to desired flavour.
- Place coriander in bowl and process for 5 seconds on speed 7 put aside
- Cut onion in half and place in bowl with peeled garlic cloves.
- Process on speed 5 for 7 seconds.
- Add cauliflower florets and process for 7 seconds on speed 5 on reverse
- Scrape down sides of bowl and add butter and cook for 2 minutes on speed soft @100c.
- Add garam masala turmeric, salt and pepper, leaving MC off so you can see and turn up to speed 6 until spices have mixed through cauliflower mixture. Scrape down sides.
- Cook for 8 minutes @ 90 c on speed 2 reverse
- Mix coriander through cauliflower and squeeze lime juice over for the desired flavour.
To Adapt to vegan use vegan butter or 1 TBS coconut oil.