Melted cheese on anything always tastes good, combined with bacon and the sweetness of the potatoes go really well together especially for lunch.
Loaded sweet potatoes is ultimate comfort food now that the weather is starting to cool down here in Western Australia, not sure where summer went but its nice to have a change.
You could really do plenty of different combinations, I have a healthy nachos recipe which is another way of having loaded sweet potatoes. You could also dp
- pizza toppings
- pulled pork with cheese and spring onions
- pulled lamb, coriander and sour cream
Kids would like this and they would like help making it to, getting kids in the kitchen at a young age is the best thing that you can do for them they are more likely to eat what they help make.
This is not a dish that I would eat everyday although I would like to as it does contain a lot of fat, good fat though which we need not huge amounts though. I have never counted calories and I never will if you eat real wholefood you wont have to, easy!
Thanks for reading you can pin this for later print or save recipe. Let me know if you try it, here is the recipe for Loaded Sweet Potatoes.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 3-4 eye part of free range bacon diced
- 6 slices cheese ( more if you want)
- either chives, coriander, parsley, spring onions for garnish (I used chives)
- coconut oil
- Pre heat oven to 200c (392F)
- Peel and slice potatoes into thick rounds and coat in a little bit of coconut oil about a TBS
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and put potatoes in a single layer
- Cook for 35 to 40 mins turning half way
- While potatoes are cooking cook bacon in a frying pan for a few minutes until cooked
- When potatoes are cooked assemble them on a plate in a pile like in pictures, put bacon over top then cheese slices.
- Heat under a grill on high until cheese is melted and golden brown.