Whats not to like about Mini Blueberry Cheesecakes that are really good for you?….Nothing, they are creamy a little bit sweet and the most important part is they taste really good. Teenage approved to!
They don’t contain any cheese, refined sugars and are very low in fructose and contain good fats and still taste good.
Having Mini blueberry cheesecakes controls portion sizes unless you eat the whole tray, but you probably wouldn’t be able to do that as they are very filling.
Lemon juice is what gives these cheesecakes or pretend cheesecakes their flavour, I’ve added extra lemon juice because it gives them more of a tang and cuts through the taste of the coconut oil and milk.
Most raw desserts contain dates, a couple here and then are ok but usually recipes call for cupfuls which isnt so great as they are high in fructose and will spike your blood sugar levels and keep that sugar addiction going even though its natural.
These bases aren’t raw as I have added butter, to make them raw or vegan replace butter with coconut oil.
These are really easy to make, the most difficult part maybe getting them out of the tray, if you have a silicon tray it would be much easier, just grease your muffin tray really well if using a metal one.
Why are they good for you? They contain:
- Good fats which satiate your hunger (keep you full)
- Coconut oil and milk have loads of health benefits
- The base contains almonds (can use buckwheat if you want nut free I used it in my Healthy Raw Caramel Slice)
- Blueberries, low in fructose and high in antioxidants
I adapted this recipe from The Minimalist Baker website from the 7 Ingredient Vegan Cheesecakes recipe to make them fructose friendly. Check out her website Dana is one talented lady and has a huge following.
If you are interested in quitting sugar for good this is the type of dessert you can eat without feeling any of the bad effects sugar can leave and wont leave you feeling deprived!
The I Quit Sugar 8 Week Program starts June 9th if you have read my about me page you will know that I am an Ambassador for I Quit Sugar because I really believe in the program wholeheartedly and don’t promote anything I don’t use personally. Feel free to ask me any questions you may have about the program.
Thank you for reading and would love to know if you try them by leaving a message in the comments below. Here is the recipe for Mini Blueberry Cheesecakes below. 🙂
- 1 cup almonds 140gm
- ½ cup shredded coconut 35gm
- 1 TBS grass fed butter 30gm
- 2 TBS Rice Malt Syrup 40gm
- 11/2 cups soaked cashews (see notes) 280gm
- 2 medium sized lemons juiced (around ½ cup , see notes)
- ⅓ cup coconut oil 65gm, if really hard soften or melt before adding to blender/thermomix
- ½ cup full fat organic coconut cream 110gm (I use Honest to Goodness)
- ⅓ cup blueberries ( I use organic frozen ones, can use fresh)
- ¼ cup Rice malt syrup 80gm
- Grease a 12 hole muffin tray really well, I used butter, they stuck with coconut oil alternatively use a silicon tray.
- Put all ingredients for base into blender/thermomix and mix until nuts are finely ground and mixture comes together . Thermomix speed 7 for 15 seconds.
- Divide mixture evenly between holes ( approximately 1TBS + ½ tsp) press mixture flat with a back of a spoon keep wetting back of spoon to stop it sticking to mixture.
- Put in the freezer while you prepare the filling.
- Put all ingredients into blender/thermomix and blend until smooth and creamy, stopping and scraping down sides. Thermomix use speed 7.
- Divide mixture evenly over bases, give the tray a few bangs on the bench to get rid of any air bubbles, cover with plastic wrap and put in the freezer until set around 4-6 hours.
- When removing cheesecakes if using a metal muffin tray leave tray to sit at room temperature for 5 to 10 minutes then wet a butter knife and run it around the edge and push knife under base to lift
Eat frozen or thawed. Thawed will give you a better cheese cake texture and tastes better in my opinion.
These can be quite tart especially if eating frozen and they don’t taste as sweet to. If you let them defrost for 20 minutes or more (depending how hot it is where you are) the texture is just like cheesecake and they taste sweeter and not as tart.
You can reduce the amount of lemon juice to a ¼ of a cup if you prefer.
Vegan option replace butter with coconut oil in base.
Total time doesn't include freezing.