This Organic penne roasted cherry tomato salad with caramelised onion is delicious! The sweetness of the roasted tomatoes and sweet potato combined with the dressing, feta and crunchy walnuts is the best combination.
I was asked by Honest to Goodness to create a salad for their free ebook of salads. I don’t have any affiliation with the company I just really like their products, their philosophies, and their customer service and they are an Australian company. (The ebook will be out in the very near future, follow me on Instagram to find out when)
Organic Penne Pasta
I don’t usually eat much pasta and if I do it will be gluten free, so why did I decide to try this one.
- My youngest daughter loved pasta
- It’s organic
- Made with the ancient grain Senatore Cappelli
- Slow dried at a low temperature to retain nutrition
- It cooks in 5-7 minutes
- It tastes really good
Thanks for reading, I hope you stop by at Honest to Goodness and have a look at their range of products, they have plenty.
Here is the recipe for Organic penne roasted cherry tomato salad with caramelised onion, let me know if you try it.
- Preheat oven to 200c
- Line a tray with baking paper, put sweet potato in a single layer and drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle some salt on. Put in oven.
- While potatoes are in the oven cook pasta according to packet instructions, drain and place into a large serving bowl.
- While pasta is cooking saute onion over medium heat in some olive oil until caramelized (changed to a golden brown colour)
- When potatoes have been cooking for 20 minutes, turn them and add cherry tomatoes to tray for the last 10 to 15 minutes (see notes)
- Place walnuts on another oven tray and cook for 10 minutes (same time you put tomatoes in)
- When sweet potatoes and tomatoes are ready add to pasta with spinach and mix to combine.
- Put oil, apple cider vinegar and onion into a jar and shake to combine, pour over salad and add walnuts (break them up if you prefer) and crumble feta.
- Put some cracked black pepper over salad. (Eat warm or cold)
For a Gluten free option use Honest to Goodness Quinoa in place of pasta.