Pumpkin Seed Parsley Lemon Pesto is a flavour bomb its also nut free. Add it to soup, casseroles, eggs, steak, chicken, fish or anything else you can think of!
I made this pesto to go with my Minestrone Soup recipe . In different parts of Italy they serve minestrone with pesto which gives it an extra flavour boost!
I used pumpkin seeds instead of nuts so if your kids like pesto its lunch box friendly for nut free schools. I try not to eat too many nuts and pumpkin seeds are really good for you, I activate mine (much kinder on your gut)
- contain magnesium
- best source of plant based omega 3 fats
- good for prostate health
- good source of trytophan (help you to sleep)
sourced from Mercola.com
To make this dairy free or vegan replace Parmesan cheese with Nutritional Yeast Flakes.
Thanks for reading here is the recipe for Pumpkin Seed Parsley Lemon Pesto 🙂
- 1 cup parsley
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 cup coriander
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds (preferably activated) 120gm
- ½ cup cold pressed olive oil 95gm
- Parmesan cheese 70gm
- Lemon juice ¼ cup 30gm or juice of medium size lemon
- ½ to 1tsp of lemon zest (personal preference)
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients in a high powered blender or thermomix and pulse a few times until you get the desired chunkiness . Scrape down in between pulses.