This Quick and Easy Pasta Sauce is sugar free and it tastes good. Easy to make, you can make a double batch and keep some in the freezer. Fresh or tinned tomatoes will do use fresh or dried herbs whatever is the easiest. Thermomix Instructions Included.
I know its much easier to use a jar of pasta sauce but do you realize how much sugar they contain, plus all of the other not so great ingredients. The best thing about making your own is you know exactly whats in it, kids will like it all of my girls prefer my sauce to a store bought one. I use organic tin tomatoes but I will be using fresh tomatoes when I have some this summer. We have a huge veggie patch waiting to be planted out!
What can you use pasta sauce for apart from the obvious?
- Lasagna (Recipe coming soon)
- Make it into a salsa by adding a few herbs and spices (another recipe coming)
- Use it on top of a Chicken Parmigana
- Have a spoonful with eggs and greens
- Chicken Caccitori by adding olives and wine (another post)
Any other suggestions?
I usually make this sauce in my thermomix my favourite kitchen appliance ever! Does everything for you. This can be done on the stove just as easily and ready within half an hour. I always make an extra batch to keep in the freezer for another meal or lunches too easy.
Unless you have fresh herbs on hand just use dried instead, I always use organic dried herbs, the Italian mix is ideal. Ive been making my own sauce for four years now even when I was working shift work I still chose to make it rather than buy the jar stuff.
You can add meat to this sauce or have it on its own which my youngest daughter and I quite often do and have it on zoodles. The great thing about this sauce is you can bulk it out with veggies an easy way to get kids to eat more veggies and fussy adults to.
any other veggies you can think of really. Adds extra fiber and tastes good to. If you want a gluten free option for pasta buckwheat noodles are nice or you can use rice and corn, check the ingredients on packets of pasta a lot of them contain wheat.
Here is the Quick and Easy Pasta Sauce Recipe. Thanks for reading. 🙂
- 2 cloves garlic diced
- 1 onion diced
- 1 TBS cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cans organic tin tomatoes
- 2 TBS organic tomatoe paste
- ½ TBS apple cider vinegar
- 1 TBS organic dried Italian herbs
- sea salt and black cracked pepper to taste
- Gently saute garlic and onion in a medium size pot on the stove until transparent.
- Add the rest of ingredients and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat so sauce is simmering cook for 20 minutes until sauce has reduced.
- For a smooth sauce put in a food processor or use a stick blender.
Put onion and garlic into thermomix and chop @ speed 4 for 3 seconds.
Add olive oil and cook for 2 minutes @100c on speed 1
Add rest of ingredients and cook @100c for 10 mins on speed 1
Hold MC down with the handle of the spatula while you turn dial up to speed 9 for 10 seconds. (leave this step out if you want a chunky sauce).