I love curries made with thai red paste, this Satay Pork Curry is really easy to make and its a one dish meal, even better less cleaning up to do! An easy mid week meal made on the stove or in your Thermomix.
I really need to start making my own curry pastes, I know they are really easy to do especially in the Thermomix, I will get around to it eventually! The next best thing is from a jar I really like this brand because it doesn’t contain any oil, its the only one that I have found. Sometimes you need to take short cuts.
I don’t have any affiliates with this brand I just like to promote what I use, I would never promote something that I didn’t use or believe in.
The thing I like about one dish meals like this is that you can add lots of veggies (hidden veggies to and they will never know, unless you leave the skin on the zucchini!)
The beauty of this dish as well is that you can make it go even further if you serve it with rice or rice noodles. It freezes well to so make a double batch and put it in the freezer. I made it when all of my girls and their partners were here and there was still some left over.
Thanks for reading and if you try it let me know what you think in the comments below, would appreciate that.
Here is the recipe for Satay Pork Curry below. Thermomix instructions included to. 🙂
- 500gm minced pork
- 2 cans full fat coconut cream
- 3 TBS Red curry paste
- 1 TBS stock concentrate (can use stock cube)
- ½ sweet potato grated
- 1 zucchini grated (leave skin on if organic)
- 1 TBS coconut oil
- 2 TBS coriander
- Coriander for garnishing
- Cook pork in coconut oil in frying pan until it has turned white.
- Drain and put aside
- Heat curry paste in frying pan until fragrant about 1 minute
- Add coconut cream and stir to combine
- Add sweet potato and zucchini and pork cook for 10 minutes on simmer
- Add mince and coriander stir to combine and cook for a few mintues on a low heat.
- Serve with rice or pad thai noodles or zoodles coriander for garnish (optional)
- Thermomix Insructions
- Put oil into thermomix and heat for 1 min @speed 1 on Varoma temperature.
- Add mince and cook for 3 minutes speed soft (spoon symbol) on reverse @100c scrape down sides and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Drain liquid and put aside. Rinse bowl out.
- Put zucchini and potato in thermomix mix on speed 4 for 10 seconds put aside, rinse bowl.
- Put curry paste in bowl and heat for 1 minute @ speed soft on 100c.
- Add coconut cream and stock mix on speed 4 for 5 seconds.
- Add veggies push them down so covered by sauce. Cook for 5 minutes on speed soft, reverse @ 100c.
- Add mince and coriander mix so covered in sauce cook for 2 minutes on speed soft and reverse @ 100c.
- Serve with rice or pad thai noodles or zoodles and coriander for garnish (optional)
Can add other veggies , if using onion or leek cook with curry paste.
Thermomix cooking time is less.
Adjust for taste of spiciness bu adding less or more curry paste.