This Coconut Water Strawberry Smoothie is easy to make with no added sugar, the sweetness comes from the strawberries and coconut water. Four ingredients blitz and you’re done, make up to a couple of days beforehand for brekky, or freeze.
Another strawberry recipe, its so nice to get organic strawberries they taste so good and actually last longer than the chemical sprayed ones. The secret ingredient in this is cucumber, well its not really a secret but its added veggies which is good for any meal. Why eat cucumbers? (Leave skin on only if organic, this is where the chemicals stay)
- Contain 95% water so keep you hydrated
- Plenty of fiber
- Good for blood pressure
- Good for joint health
Benefits of strawberries.
- Lowers cholestrol
- Reduces inflammation
- Good source of folate great for pregnancy
In my last post Homemade Strawberry Ice cream I talked about how the leaves of the strawberry plant is the most nutritious part so if they are organic just use them as is. If they aren’t then I would take the tops off.
COCONUT WATER STRAWBERRY SMOOTHIE
PREP TIME/TOTAL TIME
5 mins/5 mins
- 1 small punnet strawberries (preferrably organic)
- 1 small cucumber cut into chunks (leave skin on if organic)
- 11/2 cups coconut water
- ½ cup coconut milk
- Put all ingredients into a blender and process until smooth
- Thermomix Instructions
- Put all ingredients into bowl and blend for 1 minute on speed 7.