Home made easy pumpkin puree recipe that you can store in the freezer for lots of different recipes. Make it while you are cooking dinner.
It seems really strange to call this a recipe but that’s what recipes are following a set of instructions on how to cook something.
I assume that most people would know how to do this but I should never assume anything about anyone, I know someone that didn’t know how to make a basic coleslaw. I think its really important to get back to basics and cooking food from scratch which is what wholefoods is all about. There are three ways you can mix this
Use a hand potato masher
A food processor (including thermomix of course)
A stick mixer
There are so many things you can use pumpkin puree for such as baby food
The list is endless you can also have it for breakfast in a chia pudding.
Pumpkin is naturally sweet so its great for adding to cake and muffin recipes to reduce the amount of sugar you use or you could just use it on its own without added sweetener. If you eat sugar it probably wont be enough but once you are off it its amazing how your taste buds change.
Make a big batch and store it in the freezer in cupfuls so you always have some on hand.
Here is the recipe for easy pumpkin puree thanks for reading. Leave a comment if you use it in any other type of recipes. 🙂
- ¼ pf a pumpkin (if using butternut you need to use half of a large one or the whole thing)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- Line an oven tray with baking paper and pre heat oven to 200c
- Remove seeds from pumpkin and cut into smaller pieces (the smaller they are the quicker they cook)
- Drizzle some oil and sprinkle some salt over pumpkin
- Cook in the oven for approx 1 hour or until soft, check with a squewer or knife.
- Let pumpkin cool and remove skin
- Mash by hand, use a stick mixer or place in a food processor and mix until smooth
- If using a thermomix blend at speed 5 for 20 seconds
- Store in freezer in one to two cupful meausrements.