This Salted Turmeric Caramel Nut Topped Pudding is easy to make and does not contain any fructose unless you eat the cherries, which is completely ok!
It may look like it takes a bit of work to do but it doesn’t it’s pretty easy and if you want to adapt it to vegan you replace the butter with coconut oil. You could also use something else instead of nuts.
The Filling for Salted Turmeric Caramel Nut Topped Pudding
I adapted this from my Mini blueberry cheesecakes recipe it’s really easy to make and you can prepare the day before if you like. The spices really come through in this vanilla cream, so yes vanilla is one of them and cinnamon is the other.
Apart from being one of the prettiest fruits they are really good for you too, here’s why.
- Reduce inflammation
- Help with relief of pain from arthritis
- Help lower risk of a stroke
- They contain melatonin that helps you sleep
This recipe will be featured on the Honest to Goodness website. I only use their coconut milk and cream because of the quality (I don’t have any affiliates with them)
I would love to see your creations of my Salted Turmeric Caramel Nut Topped Pudding use the hashtag #theeasyhealthyway and tag me on Instagram. Here is the recipe below.
- 11/2 cups soaked cashews (see notes) 280gm
- ¾ cup full fat organic coconut cream 165gm (I use Honest to Goodness)
- ¼ cup Rice malt syrup 80gm
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 1 TBS rice malt syrup 25gm
- 1 TBS butter 15gm (can replace with coconut oil for dairy free)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 TBS mixed nuts of choice
- Sprinkle of turmeric (optional)
- Cherries to garnish
- Desiccated coconut
- Pre heat oven to 200c
- Put butter, rice malt syrup and a pinch of salt in a small saucepan and over a low heat cook until butter has melted add turmeric and mix to combine.
- To crush nuts put in a zip lock bag and use a rolling pin, jar or some heavy object to crush the nuts by hitting them.
- Line an oven tray and scatter nuts in the centre (there will only be a small amount of syrup)
- Pour syrup over nuts and even out as much as possible by gently tilting tray.
- Put in the oven and cook for 10 minutes, it will bubble and go slightly brown around the edges, then let cool.
- While topping is cooking put all the filling ingredients into blender/thermomix and blend until smooth and creamy, stopping and scraping down sides. Thermomix use speed 7.
- Pour filling into two glasses or small serving dishes and put in the fridge.
- When topping has cooled (I put mine in the freezer for a while) break into shards and place on top of filling, garnish with cherries and enjoy.
This can all be prepared the day before eating.
Preparation time does not include soaking of cashew nuts.